Friday, February 7, 2014

Project Update

   My project has yet to take its complete form, but I hope to really get it into full swing in the coming week. I plan on doing some volunteering with Tawn at some events that he talked about when he came to class. But I also plan on compiling a sort of record of information that I gather from people I talk to at the Bike Coop. I have some questions prepared, but I'm not trying to make it a formal survey. I have had a few opportunities to begin doing this, but will proceed more with it this week and will include some pictures as a part of the process.

   

1 comment:

  1. I think this same attitude you've expressed about bicycle store employees has some relevance to the way some people talk about the bike coop. With writing a survey for people that patron the coop it's important to try and discard biases. That said the survey should absolutely pay attention to the demographic of people who come in and additionally the attitude expressed by some of the minorities that come in: women and inexperienced cyclists (right?).

    Also, since I'm on the subject you should start brainstorming methods for applying the data you'll be gathering via your survey. What's the purpose?

    ReplyDelete